Invisible braids are called that because they are extremely tiny and make it hard to tell if they are actually braids or loose hair. Invisible braids are very tiny braids separated over the entire scalp and weaved into someone’s natural hair. The braid portion is visible only at the root, which can give the illusion of naturally long hair. Invisible braids hairstyle allows for easy maintenance and also helps hair grow faster.
The invisible braids hairstyle is popular among all age groups. These braids work well with both short and long hair. Perhaps, this is why the style is so popular among youth today. This style is mostly worn by African-American women. Read on for more information on how to do invisible braids and how to style them.
Invisible Hair Extensions – Type of Hair to Use
Invisible braids can be very expensive because of the time it takes to make the braids disappear. Some salons are charging hundred dollars to do invisible braids. What type of hair to use for invisible braids? Most ladies use real human hair for invisible braids hairstyles. Try to use two different colors that complement one another in order to create the best streaks. Late this summer and early spring, I wore invisible with Bronze with lighter golden streaks and they look so beautiful that I’m going to repeat the same style next summer/spring! wet and wavy hair are perfect style for invisible braids. I like the way the hair curls up and waves when wet.
How to Do Invisible Braids
1. First, you need to prepare your hair. Wash your hair with a good, mild shampoo and then apply a conditioner. If your hair is dry, frizzy and coarse, use a deep conditioner. Dry your hair. You may use detangling spray or a leave-in conditioner to comb the hair once it’s dry.
2. Comb your hair in such a way that it eases the task of braiding. You can comb it back and away from your face.
3. A curly hair is easier to braid. If you have a wavy or curly hair, you can easily perform this task. However, if yours is smooth and straight, then you may find it difficult to braid your hair. For a smooth and straight hair, try to use some styling products such as setting lotion or a gel. This will enhance its texture and add grip’ to your hair.
4. Take a small section of the hair from the forehead. Divide this hair into 3 sections; left, middle and right. Hold the 3 sections with 1 hand, separated by your fingers. Start braiding by crossing left section over middle section. The middle section will become the left section and left will be middle section. Cross the right section over middle section.
5. Just like the previous step, the middle section now becomes the right strand while the right becomes the middle. This process completes one braid. Repeat the steps to braid the whole hair. Once you reach the end of the hair section, tie it up with a thin rubber band. The rubber band keeps your braids tight and prevents them from loosening.
6. Take another section of the hair and repeat step 4. Continue taking new sections and braid them till you reach the nape of your head. Braid all your hair by taking tiny sections. Hair braids made in this manner are extremely thin and are almost invisible if seen from a distance.
Video Credit: Braids By SaBrina
How to Style Invisible Braids
Once you have learnt how to do invisible braids then you can style them to give that unique and beautiful look.
1. You can decorate your braids with Clips, flowers, bows and ribbons. You may decorate your invisibly braided hair in any way you wish. This style gives your hair a smooth and tidy look. It holds well and thus an amazing way to wear both medium and long hair.
2. You can experiment with your braids to create a funky look. The braids can be woven into each other to make one thick braid.
3. You can also create an elegant style for that special occasion. Use rollers to curl the braids and create stylish updos.
Invisible braids hairstyles can be worn by people who engage in sporting activities like swimming, running, tennis, playing football and other sports.