This tutorial will show you one way to get a big, curly natural look that you’ll love!
Big curly natural hair is in! Gone are the days when you have to fight with your hair to lay down and behave. Let your big curly natural hair be big curly natural hair. Go for volume. Now, if you don’t have a lot of volume naturally, this tutorial can also help you learn how to create volume so you can have the big curly hair you have always wanted. As an added benefit, you probably already have all the products you need are already in your stash. It’s a way to do more with what you have.
Here’s What You Will Need
- Leave in Conditioner
- Microfiber towel / t-shirt
- Spray bottle with water
How to get this big curly natural hair style
Courtesy: Shizen Wong
- Brush dry hair before shampooing to get rid of tangles
- Shampoo and condition Hair
- Dry hair with microfiber towel or t-shirt
- Section hair into two sections (front and back), wrap the front section and secure with a hair accessory to keep it out of the way
- Divide back section of hair into two smaller sections
- Start working in your leave in conditioner of choice
- Use your fingers to de-tangle your hair as you run the conditioner through your hair
- Spritz your hair with water as necessary if your hair is too dry
- Do both sections at the back
- Divide the front section into two smaller sections (part on whichever side you prefer) and finger de-tangle while conditioning both sections of hair
- Moisturize your ends and edges
- Scrunch hair to create tighter curls and volume
- Rake the roots to create added volume
- When hair is more than 60% dry, add oil to seal in the moisture
- Fluff and shake hair as necessary
That’s it! You’re all done! With your big curly natural hair you’re ready for a casual weekend with the girls or a night out on the town. Just be fabulous whatever you do!